Wednesday, December 5

Cycling

I miss, miss it. For a few weeks I was in a cycle of cycling (haha, don't laugh too much...) about 10 miles each day, five days a week. I really, really miss it. Now I just have this constant feeling of needing to run or cycle or swim (typically cycle, it's easiest, given that I don't - unfortunately; one can dream, and does dream - have a pool in my backgarden/celler/loft), which is frustrating. Plus, I am convinced there is a direct link between exercise and writing - ie. the more exercise I do, the more writing typically, and the more motivated all round... I am properly tired, less fidgety, all round happier. Oh dear, just remembered I need to watch a film tonight... or early tomorrow... it has to be returned tomorrow. And I do want to watch it, it is French.

Poetry news? some useful comments off a poetry mag ed (nice mental kick in the right direction), and some possible work experience poetry-wise (I heart, heart poetry, and would especially love to do something like this. Let's hope my not drinking coffee/ tea personally won't mean my skills at making it are crap; I could always try giving them hot chocolate... but, in all seriousness, I would love to go away and just be surrounded mainly by poetry-ness. It sounds most appealing.) Oh, and my French seems to be getting better. Normal radio-speak is comprehendable. Yipeeeee...

(And guess what? I spy an exhibition of Blake's artwork coming up North soon - shall be going, at least once, for sure!)

No comments: