Monday, August 6

Ideas happen at night, disturb attempts at calm and sleep, even though I've deliberately left my glasses, pen/pencil, and notebook on the other side of the room as a deterrant. It must be the space, the sudden space of doing nothing physically other than basic life requirements (breathing, digesting, etc etc), which brings them.

I've been carrying a story for what seems like forever; in poems, sections of prose, cut out things, photographs, ideas, many walks and a lot of time spent cycling, in the bits I've picked out as with mixed salad, and have skewered, forked, prepared to exhaust; the characters are solidifying themselves, the traits, the sayings, their expressions stamping and refusing to move... it - everything, seemingly - has almost brewed, I think.

3 comments:

Sarrouche said...

I also went to Warwick Uni and was taught was Peter Blegvad! Is this a coincidence or have we already crossed paths?

Background Artist said...

http://literaturelover.createforum.net/literaturelover.html

Katy Murr said...

Sarrouche... um... no, I think we haven't. See, I was only there for 3 weeks, for a summer school! Compared to your (likely) 3 years? But it is great, isn't it? Especially standing in the middle of that huge arena outside the SU, and yelling. Very relaxing.