Friday, May 11

Chapbook, rejection letter, writing competition...

Chapbook: got the draft copy. A few things need tweaking, but at least I can envisage the final thing, I think...

Letter: got some poems rejected for a magazine, but also got sent surprisingly helpful constructive criticism from the editor. Not sure whether this is normal, or not, or whether it is only normal when poems get to the so-called 'short leet'. Whatever -- sending them off was just a chance, like everything else, and the comments have helped me gain a bit more objectivity -- which is, of course, good!

There is a writing competition for which I should work... I also need to revise (photosynthesis, cosine and sine rule, and write an essay...), shower, go for a cycle, and do some music, eat (I am looking forward to this!), and then go to a friend's house, which I anticipate gladly.

--

Knowing that I am leaving school feels strange; but well overdue! If I had a school beret, I would most certainly chuck it up, fantastically, to whirl in the air, amongst the shrill voices.

2 comments:

A great big hug said...

*cough* "ITS THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! DO'OLUR DO, DO'OLUR DO DO!!!!"

It hasnt really sunk in so much that we have left school yet. I think it's because there is still monday, the prom and the biology trip :D

...need to start revising, choose a college and get a suit for te prom :P

Katie said...

It's not normal but it's great - take advantage!