Friday, March 16

Calm down, Katy...

works quite lyrically, don't you think?

I need a hot chocolate. In dia need. I have just sent about 26 poems off, as a very-very-verrry near final submission for my chapbook. Somewhat relieving, if not intensely scary. I am happy with them, for once, as happy as I can be with them. No doubt when it is all finalised there will be a myriad of things which I am exhaling blasphemous words and phrases and awful concoctions over, but, for now, all is good. Smile.

----

Not being able to find poets' work!

is a problem I have been enduring recently. How awful to manage to find some fabulous stuff which makes you feel rather exhilarated and then not be able to get more of it!!! Outrageous! I am on the hunt for work by the following:

  • Swithun Cooper
  • Colette Sensier
  • Dean Young.

(Sometimes when I read things I think I would quite like to marry the person... just then. I'm a hypocrit, given what I think about marriage, but hey, poetry does strange things to me, and I can't control what!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've just had a hot chocolate; Green & Blacks Milk Chocolate speciality. To tell the truth I'm not exactly sure why I drink them; mostly they make me break into a cold sweat and become restless and slightly panicky (maybe just the intense caffien rush of a strong hotchoc...). Maybe I just like the thought of relaxing in front of my gas fire, lit candles and all, with a steaming mug of some sort of cocoa concation in my hand. Like they do after snowball fights (found it isn't that nice after them actually; my mouth is usually boiling after the exercise. Like drinking tea on a hot day). The joy of ramblings :-D

Contrast*

















*It's getting old, I know.

Anonymous said...

By the way: discovered where I got my name 'poor and free' from. http://www.myspace.com/thepapercuts
Third song down.

Charly said...

You don't know me, but I found your blog by googling Swithun Cooper - yeah, there really is nothing by him anywhere, it's so frustrating!

Anyway, just thought I'd say that I feel the same way! I see you were one of the foyle's winners last year (so was I - I would say small world, but I'm assuming that you probably heard of these through the competiton, or Christopher Tower) and I've had a skim through your blog. Good luck if you enter again this year (which you totally should), as your stuff's really good!

Anyway, sorry for being a random commenter, but, er.