Monday, February 19

Picking the white, not-yet-solidified icing off an iced finger was one of the things I enjoyed today. As was walking aimlessly; standing in HMV watching people scan the CDs and DVDs; trying out testers in the body shop, getting hungry from the smell of the body shop; laughing at the person who tried to hand me a brochure about getting married (moron.); walking into a jeweller's with no intention of buying, asking for brochures with images (I'd say 'pictures' usually if it wasn't my school art I am talking about, but it seems this word sticks to the front of my linguistic choices when it comes to the subject) of watches for my art project, & being given lots of brochures by an extremely dilligent person; then sharpening pencils, arranging them in their tins.

(I like these meandering blogs. Just being able to solidify our thoughts, or feel that we have. I wonder if it's why the whole blog schaboom has been able to happen to such a mass extent. I should probably qualify that 'mass extent', but I don't know how to... The selling of egocentricity?)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....meanderings....I had a meandering moment today. Was writing "thank you for whatever-you-sent-me-for-my-bday" cards, well, staring-at-a-blinking-cursor-writing the "thank you etc." cards (which were 2 months overdue). What do you say to keep them interesting? So instead I let the true thoughts kind of pour out. It went something like "...I am now going to a shitty little drama club, which I have no idea why I joined, and a new Scouts group, which is equally shite. Of course, I have no right to complain, but if you have any suggestions over what I could do with my life presently, that would be lovely. Anyhow...." Reading back on this makes me realise I am rambling...meandering even more-so. Hmmm....


Contrast.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....meanderings....I had a meandering moment today. Was writing "thank you for whatever-you-sent-me-for-my-bday" cards, well, staring-at-a-blinking-cursor-writing the "thank you etc." cards (which were 2 months overdue). What do you say to keep them interesting? So instead I let the true thoughts kind of pour out. It went something like "...I am now going to a shitty little drama club, which I have no idea why I joined, and a new Scouts group, which is equally shite. Of course, I have no right to complain, but if you have any suggestions over what I could do with my life presently, that would be lovely. Anyhow...." Reading back on this makes me realise I am rambling...meandering even more-so. Hmmm....


Contrast.

Mr. X said...

I don't think you need to qualify 'mass extent' judging by how many are appearing each day!
It's nice to get a view of other people's lives and thoughts as well, it's a community of sorts where people talk and that can't be all bad. Perhaps people do it because of this, perhaps now it's just done because it can be easily. And we all like a bit of attention now and then :)

Katy said...

anonymous - I thought I would know who was writing this from the style, except the bday part doesn't fit. So I don't know who you are now. Kindly email me & tell me? I hate being left hanging, I can't place you in a box in my mind until I'm certain... so you're left leaning somewhere on my horizon. Because I'm sure I know you.

PS - what is it you would like to do with your life? 'if that is what you really feel would please you, what in the world is stopping you from doing it? '

mr.x - hmmmnnn. I'm not sure of the linguistic terms, but I felt the phrase was dangling a bit. Maybe your 'if you judge by how many are appearing each day!' qualifies it? In the safe, cosy net... the choice is good, being able to hop, but I always read more than I comment on. Yes, we do. (I know this reply is simply the sort where you can see me nodding in reply - for there's not much I disagree with in your comment, it's just sort of 'hummm')