Monday, December 18

exciting, that's the following:

ideas (big, small, annoying, stiletto-stamping-on-the-brain type ones); parks (swings, benches - the one at the top of the hill... rivers; swings; made from rope and old tree trunk - the sort which break at just the wrong time, like when you've got to go somewhere afterwards); food & drink (maple syrup, white chocolate, milk chocolate, strawberries, Tropicana, baileys, oranges cut open and eaten with hands, melon, grapes dipped in chocolate, pizza, pasta, pesto, tomatoes, olive oil drizzled over pasta, eating lemons -- even if it's a slice I take from my (or someone else's) drink), cooking (kneading dough, slicing fruit) books, the smell of new books, holding a book, scribbling and underling on it, borrowing someone else's and reading their notes, buying new ones from Muji.. and sitting on the sofas, watching; & languages (syntax, punctuation, dialect, accent, certain voices, sounds that are hilarious in one language, sounds I can't get the knack of easily, but which the brother of a friend I made attempted to teach me, repeating it over and over, accompanied by amusing flamboyant gestures, listening to French radio, hearing Germans exclaim 'ach ja, genau!'; travelling, train journeys, going for a run, going for really long walks, working my way around a foreign airport on my own...); painting; drawing; scribbling; making dots on paper; drawing/ playing noughts and crosses on the road; sitting at the end of my road - on my own or with people, doesn't fuss me, I like it either way; swimming, preferably in the sea, in warm, shallow waters (so I don't get pulled out..) but a swimming pool will suffice; mornings when I can just be lazy, without someone from a nearby house having work done, without my parents doing work, without everyone deciding to cut the grass; not having to have a sleeping routine; things that smell good; bike rides (need to get my bike mended. How long ago did I say I would do this? Too long ago..); sitting on the swing/ lying on the hammock in the garden when it's dark; certain people…

only a few things out of all.

It'd be interesting to see which are shared, if you are so inclined to share yours.

No comments: