Saturday, October 28

You tell me...

You tell me you read it, you talk to me about it, you mention things you've read. You ask me which catergory I'd put you in for certain things, or pick out a certain line and muse over it, or tell me how you think the lines should go.

But mostly this is off the blog. Don't get me wrong, I love to hear what you think, and it's still great to hear it off the blog, but isn't the idea of a blog to comment about what you think on the blog, so other people can read/hear it too? Don't just tell it to me offline; be wonderful, & put it on here too, so other people can see. Just because you comment here, doesn't mean you can't talk to me about it offline as well. Go on, you know it's not that difficult... & it doesn't have to be profound or a long comment, it doesn't have to 'be' anything. Just let me know what you think if you're reading it, that's all I ask.

So, thank you to all of my readers who've read this so far, who've put up with the followings of my postcards (I've actually found the other one today -- am going to go and post it very soon!) & everything else. Apparently I have 18 posts up here, but I don't think my blog is quite full-grown/ an adult yet. I don't think it ever will be; the thought scares me. (Which reminds me, I was pondering earlier, and realised how if I say 'it's not that I don't want to, or don't want to sometime, it's just that the thought scares me' this appeals to so many things. Bad thing or good, I don't know. I suppose it's neither, most things can't be seen in a bad/good, child-like way...) Still, I have a little nugget of happiness in knowing that I've kept up with my blog. So far, OK, right? (ha, & here I quashed my ego, resisting the urge to say 'so wonderful'.)

PS Armitage: how is his poetry so damn addictive? The collection 'The Dead Sea Poems' is certainly something to drown in, in a wonderful way. I cannot fault it.

6 comments:

Matthew Keen said...

It doesn't really seem right posting a reply to a blog without any particular reason. Sometimes I read something that ireally feel the need to argue with, and I do this in the form of a comment. To be fair Katy, you haven't said anything which I disagree with really, ergo no reasonto comment. I am feeling quite proud of myself to have created a response to your blog without once having refered to any of it's contents. hehe oh well. you'll have to forgive me, but then , it was you who forced me to reply, you failed tp specify whether or not you wanted a decent response, or simpple some waffle to fill up space and look impressive without anyone actually reasing it. Oh well, I think that is enough ramble for the time being. Toodeloo.

Katy said...

Haha, lovely Matt, thanks for building up my ego that little bit more. Anyway, even if you do agree (ha, few replies = everyone agrees...) I do recall you saying I'm interesting/fun/good to argue with? Missing out, eh? (Am most amused)

Matthew Keen said...

you are fun to argue with, i have always enjoyed a challenge. However, you have to know when you are outclassed. :)

Katy said...

Oh, piss off :) 'Tis only me being arrogant' Too right Matt, put that in your artwork and it'll be fabulous, fabulous darling... :)

(For everyone else's sake, we recently had a 'debate' (ha!) about Poetry VS Prose. I mean, come on, the outcome is obvious, considering he was arguing - at least, attempting to ;) - with someone who adores poetry.)

Sarah said...

I read it...not quite sure what to say though...blah-ing is good though =)
xxxx

A Lime green Domino said...

Matt your such a ponce...Sorry 'matthew keen', your such a ponce...