Thursday, October 19

People.

There seem to be different types of people I talk to, regarding conversation and interest of it, and a few ways I'd group them would be...


  1. Those who start off with chat and never move onto having an interesting conversation.
  2. Those who start off with interesting conversation and move onto crap chat.
  3. Those who always maintain interesting conversation.

and then, there are those who constantly shivver between blips of interesting, decent easily-moving conversation, and the worst sort of chat where you don't actually feel the smallest drip of effort being put into the 'conversation'. The sort where idiosyncrasy is no where to be found, no matter how much effort you, personally, put in.

The question of why the fluctuation? is one which requires some steady conversing of ideas in my own mind, nevermind the other person's, or people's.

Two things seem obvious, and I don't wish to seem patronising at all by writing them here, but I need to so that you can track my thought.

A. The person is just making no effort, and can only make interesting conversation with a great exertion of effort.

B. The person is behaving so due to being in a group.

Largely - & this is one of the reasons I detest social psychology - people fit into group B. Clearly we all change so much about us when we're around other people, but the extent to which some people change is extremely unnerving. Especially when you've not seen them in a group situation before.

People in group A, who're constantly in that group, I pity. I mean, really, is it that difficult to be remotely interesting? (And no, this is not an open advertisement for you to all slag off my blog as crap, although of course, if you really do have a qualm with it, then say. Or anything else for that matter. I like getting comments, especially *interesting* ones.)

(This was due to a bout of struggle on MSN, struggle to get remotely interesting conversations. I've said it before, and not really done it, but this time, I think I shall: it's time to 1) cut the numbers on my MSN, and 2) use the lovely feature known to mankind of those who use MSN as that device which allows you to block people.

Alternatively, of course, I could just abandon it completely...)

1 comment:

A Strangled piguin said...

I Know i used to (don't know if i still do) talk to you a bit diffrently on msn...actualy I'm Sort of doing it now lol