Tuesday, October 31

A neighbour with annoyingly loud tools in the garden

is annoying (it gets bold and italics, that explains the state of my annoyance!) me. Lovely...(you get used to them if you live here) sounds of northern rah-rah state weather, trees hitting into each other, branches smashing together, rain whirling round, plant pots falling over and rolling over the patio until they reach another pot and clunk! (I'm only resisting elaborating and having a go about the person for the sake that my identity is perfectly clear on this blog. Fear not, otherwise, I would.)

Grrr... why interrupt the sounds? Plus my room (and the study) are at the back of the house, so I get more of the noise than you do in anyone else's bedrooms.

{I'm now playing The Raconteurs, Together, over the annoying sound. I think it'll be one of those songs I play again & again. Unfortunately haven't yet fathomed the 'loop'/ repeat button on media played. I suppose I ought to have by now, particularly given my listening habits}

[Did you notice that I didn't just use ordinary brackets there? Maybe the pretty things have a different use, I don't know, I thought I'd give some alternation to your lives. Thank me if you wish; I doubt I'll refuse it.]

I always think of things to say on here. Like I wanted to say how surprised/ glad I was when I woke up the other day (canne remember which, I lose track of time during the holidays/ breaks) and the clocks had given us another hour. Actually, that would've been Sunday, the day when I decided to wear my new boots for a family outing. Bad idea. I should get walking boots. We all should. It would probably make use of the NT card; at least, it makes sense that it would, even if my parents don't agree. (Personally I just think they want to disagree with me most of the time. What is a parent-daughter relationship if not full of disagreements? One where the daughter models the mother, blow-dry perfect hair in tow? Scary thought.)

Anyhow, I made a list of things I wanted to do today. So far I have done two. I feel quite good about that.

I did my college application forms. & I made more 'presents' for friends. Believe me, if you're going to be receiving one of these presents -- or more than one, although that's highly unlikely when you think about approximately how long it takes me to make one (a ridiculous amount of time, stupid, stupid length of time, but I'm only starting, so I'm slow at the moment with it) -- then know that I love you. A lot. I wouldn't spend so much time over them if not; if not, I would just go out & buy you something, an excercise in giving a little money & a little thought, but not an excercise like that I am currently undertaking for you. Perhaps after Christmas I shall put some pictures up of the presents I am making for people (the presents aren't the same, btw, there are different types, and different variations)

{bloody hell, the pictures still won't upload. 'Error'. Crap. I wanted to show you that post card. It would give you a good insight, believe me. You'll see soon, hopefully. Perhaps I need to change the file type? Or make it smaller? Someone with technical knowledge, if you could help, I would be grateful. Probably not eternally grateful, but grateful nevertheless.}

yes, so I can put up the pictures, & everyone else can look at them, & know how much I love you :P & Feel jealous that they don't get such wonderful presents. (Unless, of course, they do -- or, if they're simply not arsed -- Mum, if you're reading this, pardon my use of that word; and of all the others you'd disapprove of -- yes, so if they're simply not arsed about getting delightful 'oooh' presents, then, well, I doubt they'll be bothered about it.) Still, I would quite like to put the pictures up of them, so I can sit in my chair, musing 'nerr' to myself. :)

(Oh, & I have bought some people presents. But they are still very special ones. & They aren't 'gettable' -- shove being articulate for another blip -- anywhere.)

-------

*Writing news*

  • I am indeed allowed quotes; although they shall have to be examined on a case-by-case basis.
  • I have begun writing out my sort of 'finalised' collection in a book I bought from Muji yesterday (I bought 3 new notebooks. & tries out the sofas again, naturally.)
  • I am going to do the following today:
  • try to finalise my collection, so I can send it off & ask for comments. (how many times have I said this? But I really need to do it!)
  • narrow down the ideas for the title (I never was good at choosing when it was something which excites me; & yes, the prospect of the title certainly does this.)
  • do more drawings (to accompany my writings), &, hopefully, get my lovely dad to show my how to scan them on really, really high resolution
  • find/ locate some more quotes, and think about where I want the quotes to go. (This will be made easier by the fact I forgot to return the books to the library in town -- is it about 6 times I've renewed them online now? Something ridiculous like that. There's a quote I want from Larkin's bio (can't remember who it's by. Not Motion's.) about the sectioning of the self. I shall hunt it down!)

But now, I think it is time to go & make myself smell good.

No comments: